Trademark Filing - ORIGINAL
OUR THREE STEP APPROACH
CONDUCT A SEARCH • One of the most important branding decisions you will make is choosing the mark that will represent your product or service. We can help you make sure that your proposed mark is appropriate, available and afforded with the strongest protection possible. Our comprehensive search report provides you with an in-depth analysis of the registerability and strength of your mark.
FILE AN APPLICATION • Once the search is complete and we have determined that no conflicting marks exist, we can prepare and file a trademark application on your behalf seeking formal registration with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
MAINTAIN AND PROTECT YOUR REGISTRATION • Although trademark rights can potentially last indefinitely, it is your responsibility to timely file certain maintenance documents or risk abandonment.Furthermore, in order to preserve the strength of your trademark, you must act proactively to prevent third parties from adopting trademarks which are "confusingly similar" to yours. We have the resources to monitor and protect your trademark portfolio, and to prevent such abandonment or dilution of your mark.
Comprehensive Trademark Search - $550
- Search of the Federal Trademark Database ("PTO")
- Search of comprehensive proprietary third-party database
- Search of state trademark databases (all 50 states)
- Search of internet domain name databases (.com/.net/.org)Review for common PTO rejections
International and multi-class searches available upon request for additional fee.
File a Trademark Application - $600*
- Draft and file PTO application
- Report the Notice of Allowance once issued
- Report the Notice of Publication once issued
- Includes "Guide to Proper Trademark Usage," which includes FAQs regarding maintenance of your mark(s)
Fees listed above are for "use in commerce" applications in a single class. Each additional class costs $375. If filing on an "intent to use" basis, post-application filing fees are required of either (i) $350 per extension or (ii) $350 per class for the Statement of Use.
Responses to Office Actions or Oppositions are not included and may require additional professional and gov’t fees.
Post-Registration Monitoring & Support - $900/year
- Weekly searching of newly filed and potentially problematic applications for opposition
Declaration of Use & Incontestability - $650
- The PTO requires renewed filings between the 5th and 6th anniversaries of the registration, the 9th and 10th anniversaries of the registration, and every 10 years thereafter.
File a Copyright Application - $290*
- Draft and file application
- Communicate and correspond with copyright office as applicable
* We cannot guarantee PTO or Copyright Office registration. Rates and deliverables are subject to change.